AN: My apologies for not updating last Sunday. Too many distractions got in the way and I didn’t have time to write the full chapter. I’ll try to be better about getting this story updated weekly. This story will probably only be about 20 chapters long. Thanks for sticking with this story and reviewing it. Please continue to do so. Also, check out “Monster” by Imagine Dragons. It really fits this story and was my muse to write this chapter.
Thursday April 10th 12 p.m.
A tiny cushioned chair was set near her open closet. In it sat a dozed off Damon with a pad of paper on his lap and a pen in hand. His soft breathing and rising and falling chest indicated even he was incapable of defying the need for rest and sleep. He spent the past two days and nights in that chair observing her and making sure she didn’t sneak off to act upon her murderous ways. So far her devious side, Katherine had kept her distance when it came to mind control and creating the former black out periods she use to have. Instead, she was doing much worse. Out in the open for only her to see and hear, Katherine was mocking her every thought and action.
"He looks so peaceful." Katherine whispered.
Her form was propped up on her elbows on the bed next to her. Elena was becoming less startled the more she appeared. Not that she was accepting her split personality or enjoying her snarky comments, she was simply becoming more predictable.
"But I can’t see those blue eyes." She pouted. "Maybe we should wake him. You know with a kiss…"
"Absolutely not." Elena argued in a whisper.
Curled up on her bed, she rested her chin on her knee and hugged her legs. Since Damon had fallen asleep she had not dared to let herself drift off. Still unsure and not in the realm of even trusting Katherine when all was dark behind her eyelids, she remained awake.
"Ugh, I’m bored." She whined.
Boredom would be a welcome surprise if she could achieve it. Her mind was on a constant loop of worry, fear, and paranoia. The future was unforeseeable, which was normal, but not for her. Too much time had passed since her last kill or a drop of blood was seen. Elena was anticipating the worse. Anyone could be on the list of victims she was forbidden to see until allowed by her cryptic side. Her eyes landed on Damon hoping he wasn’t next.
"Don’t worry, he’s not going anywhere." Katherine spoke seductively. "Yet."
"What?!" Elena exhaled.
The thin, curvy smile grew on her twin’s face as she flashed her foreboding brown eyes back and forth between her and Damon. A tiny earthquake was erupting in her chest at the thought of him dead at the hands of her own. She couldn’t let that happen. She wouldn’t let that happen. If there was anything she could do about this, she would. This was one battle Katherine could not win.
AN: Let me start off by apologizing for this long overdue update. If you follow my other stories you’ll know I was highly distracted by them, but now that FSB is complete I can focus on this one and Dead Heart. My hopes are to have a weekly update for this story again like it started off back in April. Check back on Sundays for Black Out & Dead Heart chapter updates. Thank you for bearing with me and reading this story still. Leave a review and thank if you have in the past.
Scared and nervous Elena sat curled up in a ball on her couch. The footsteps of Damon were nearing as he returned with a glass of water. Half expecting the water to be spilled while glass shattered everywhere, Damon did not flinch as he entered the living room. With Katherine on the arm of the couch he was oblivious to her newfound presence.
"Those blue eyes," Katherine cooed. "How can you not want him?"
"Shh." She silenced her.
"What?" Damon asked stopping dead in his tracks.
Elena realized her gesture toward Katherine was not needed. He couldn’t hear or see her. Only the crazy gears inside her head were capable of that. She was drawing concerning attention to her behavior that was already erratic. Elena tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and took the glass of water from Damon.
"I thought," Elena spoke starring down into her water glass. "Never mind." She exhaled. "I’m still trying to process all of this."
What she was really doing was trying to get a grip on reality. It was like she was having an outer body experience seeing another version of her all primped and confident, she dare say she almost envied how strong Katherine appeared. The unnerving and unwanted presence in the living room was making it hard to communicate without feeling like she was being watched.
"Look, I’m sorry that this is happening to you. I’ve seen cases like yours before, but never this extreme." Damon told her in a hush tone. "Let me help you…"
"You keep saying that." She murmured.
"Because I do." He replied.
Black Out, a TVD fanfic thriller. Check out the suspense trailer.
Chapter 7: Read
She always be survive
The first six minutes…
- Can I just saw wow? The fact that they recapped what happened [insert episode title, I Know What You Did Last Summer] was different and refreshing. It was great insight into how everyone in Mystic Falls spent their summer briefly. We got DEx, Katherine adjusting and clearly running from someone as a human, ghost Bonnie trying to cover up her death through Jeremy, and not to mention Matt’s threesome?! Didn’t see that coming, but as random and hot as it may seemed in the beginning, it was foreshadowing what was later to come in the episode.
- I was thoroughly satisfied with the first six minutes.
- Lets talk about the new HOT villian in Mystic Falls. Paul Wesley as Silas is GREAT! You can tell he enjoys playing this evil, sarcastic, and interesting character. It’s nice to see him in role besides the broody, heartbroken Stefan.
- Silas can get into anyone’s head and control them, which means no one in Mystic Falls is safe. He doesn’t think twice about spilling blood and shows he’s out for destruction without blinking an eye. The moment he started choking Katherine in the tub I knew he meant busines.
- His obsession with Katherine makes for an intriguing and seasonal plot. I’ve read a few theories about why he might want Katherine, but I’m going to try to keep an open mind and not get caught up in the theories.
- Three words to describe him: Boss Ass Bitch.
- Since Katherine was introduced at the end of season 1 I’ve loved her and has been my favorite character. Nina Dobrev does an amazing job portraying Elena and Katherine in such a way that I forget it’s the same person.
- When it was revealed that Katherine would become human and took the cure, I was scared because I thought she would lose some of her “Katherine”-ness, but she most definitely hasn’t. Personally, I think she is even more interesting. She definitely is still Katherine trying to scheme her way into or out anything with a hint of vulnerablity.
- As for any hook ups or love interest, I don’t see Katherine as a threat in tearing anyone apart…at least not right now. I think she is more concerned with staying alive for as long as she can and trying to adjust to her humanity again.
- Many shows have gone down the college path and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. For the Vampire Diaries I thought they did a decent job. It will take some time getting use to them not being in Mystic Falls all the time, but introducing new characters and the suspicion of how Megan knew Elena’s father will keep viewers watching hopefully.
- I adored when Caroline and Elena bonded at the end of the episode after Caroline received Tyler’s message. It reminded me of having that one person with you during a difficult time because adjusting to college can be trying from personal experience. Despite Caroline’s push for Elena and Damon to break up, their friendship is something I’ve always enjoyed. We all have good friends who push our buttons and disagree with what you’re doing, but at the end of the day you still love them and they’re your best friend.
- HAPPY! Not only am I happy that Damon and Elena are finally a couple, but they are happy. The chemistry that Nina and Ian bring to life for their characters and their on screen romance is really something special. They are definitely still in the honeymoon phase of not being able to keep their hands off each other and being crazy in love. However, I’m looking forward to seeing the trials that are going to come for them because let’s be real no relationship is perfect. People, feelings, beliefs, etc. all come in the way sometimes and it’s how you communicate and react to those things that can either make or break your relationship. I believe Delena will fight through it all. Elena with Damon is different from how she was with Stefan (and yes I shipped Stelena in the beginning) and it’s great to see the type of person she is growing into because of him and vice versa.
- Ps. Can’t get enough of their steamy make out scenes.
- The truth of Bonnie’s death is going to be spilled sooner rather than later. I can’t imagine her avoiding the inevitable and Jeremy can only cover up for her for so long.
- I fear that unless Bonnie can find a way to make it back into the living world, her character is going to have a short life span this season. Or she’ll just appear as a ghost throughout the season when need be.
Matt (Human…not for long) Donovan
- Finally, Matt Donovan has a storyline and a creepy one at that. No only is Zach gorgeous, but it’s reliving to finally see him do more than just buss tables at Mystic Grill.
- Initial reaction to him and Rebekah together…blah. After 5x01 holy moly! They make a hot couple. Matt has come a long way since Elena and Caroline. I mean the guy was participating in a European threesome! Too bad Rebekah had to run off to New Orleans because I would have liked to see their relationship grow.
- But enough about that, can we talk about what happened in the alley with his former hook-up and that strange man? TVD went all Supernatural on us last night when the man starting chanting what I believe was Latin and Matt’s eyes when all demonic. So much was going on in the episode I think this scene didn’t get enough attention that it should. What happened to Matt and who are these people? Hmmmmm….
I know I didn’t cover everything, but like I said before sooooo much happened last night it was hard to keep up with all the different storylines. I admit I thought the writing this past season for TVD had gone a little sour, but I’m hoping this season will kick back up a notch. Hopefully we won’t get tangled up though in all these different storylines going on in Mystic Falls and at college. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed it.